Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Natural Soros


So, I am totally obsessed with women with natural hair right now. I find myself targeting them, cornering them and asking them a thousand questions. Typically, the ladies are sweet, understanding, and what was supposed to be a quick run to the store turns into a 20 minute conversation with a complete stranger on her hair journey. Her favorite blogs, her favorite products, how long she's been natural, the list goes on.

I feel like, being natural now has been the first thing to connect me immediately to another woman. Our guards are down. We have a freedom and openness with each other, that typically doesn't exist.

I have a few friends who belong to Sororities. They meet new and old girls that belong to their sorority, they whisper their credentials in the others ear, they hug and they bond. I didn't pledge a Greek sorority, but I feel being natural has made every other natural girl my Soro.

The features on natural girls will be just that. Introducing, my soros, my sisters; another woman who has taken a pledge to rock it 100.

1 comment:

  1. I'm pledgin' this summer upon our return to the real world...can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete