Monday, January 3, 2011

Coils and Castor Oil

Almost a week ago, I started the Castor Oil Challenge initiated by hairliciousinc. I have to say, using the Castor Oil has made my hair less fuzzy and defined my curls like nothing else. Previously, I was using Coconut Oil as my main source of oil, sealant, etc, and this was great, but a little too light for me. Coconut Oil works awesome on Lady K's hair, but on this cotton ball, I needed something with weight.

The Castor Oil helped to do the awesome coils below. Since the weather is colder, I've been trying to find styles that last longer than a day and the Coils/Coil Out has become my favorite. There are thousands of youtubes on how to do it, so I won't bore you with the instructions, but I will say, oiling my scalp and putting Castor Oil (only 100%Castor Oil, not my nightly mix of 50/50 with Grapeseed Oil) has given me awesome shine and definition.

Typically my coils are mad fuzzy and I end up undoing in a day and wearing a messy coil out, but I am on my second day of this hair and it is still super fresh! To coil, I used Castor Oil (first after washing) and Ecostyler Olive Oil gel. Super awesome.

Oh, and for the new year I decided to bring back all those extra holes in my ear, lol. How many of us have 2-3 holes we haven't used since 9th grade. I should clarify holes in our ears:-) Well I'm attempting to wear earrings in those holes. Lets see how that works! I plan to incorporate different earrings in those holes to add to my repertoire! Don't hold me to this moment in life...I'm quite unreliable!

No comments:

Post a Comment