Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Braided Mohawk

Lady K loves Willow Smith's, Whip Your Hair. I do too! Since that song came out she loves me to braid her hair with bead so she can do just that, whip her hair, lol. As soon as the beads are done....

 She starts whipping like crazy. All you hear is the swosh swosh of beads around the house.

This style actually lasted during Lady K's vacay with the grandparents in Detroit. I told my mom to take it out but it was still looking pretty good when she came home. They were in for about 4 weeks total, and I usually keep a style for about 2 weeks.

A lot of blogging mom hair braiders say the longer you keep it in the more growth you will see. I would have to agree because of course we know the least amount of minipulation is the best for black hair. When her hair is in braids for an extended amount of time, I just am sure to keep it moisturized (maybe every other day or every 3 days) with coconut oil. And wash maybe every week or every other week.

I have a post brewing about how black mothers who don't know how to braid need to learn, especially with the youtube sensations out there, but I won't waist the braided mohawk post on this.

To accomplish this style, I parted K's hair vertically down the middle and separated into 2 sections. I left one section bunned up, and then with the loose section, I made small horizontal sections and braided inwards towards the middle. I started in the back and went all the way up to the top. I repeated this for the second section. On the sides, I left one braid on each side to hand down, to just add a little variety to the style.

This was my first time doing this style and I just kinda made it up as I went along and its now one of my favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment