Saturday, January 1, 2011

My body so far...

So...2 years ago the good Lord blessed me with a little girl. For this purpose we will call her "Lady K". She was a ummmmm pleasant surprise. Before her, I was thick...in all the right places. Now...I'm just plain thick...in places I didn't even know existed. The weight definitely did not just fall off like I expected it to since, in my mind, I'm a superstar and on TV superstars are back sexy in a couple of weeks. Two years later, I'm still working on it.

A few months ago I decided to take my life back and start a somewhat extreme eating/diet plan. It is called the HCG diet. You can google it to get more info, but in a nutshell. Its torture, but the results are quick fast. I lost about 1-2 lbs a day and my dear hubby (DH) lost about 3 lbs a day. We did it for about 3 weeks, you are supposed to do it for 40 days, but we couldn't make it. I lost about 27 lbs and he lost about 35 lbs.

This was about 3 months ago. I have put on maybe 5 of those lbs back and for the new year, I plan to get back on it. We are starting the diet again tomorrow. Wish us luck!

So this is the plan for the diet. Per day you can have the following:
2 fruits (an apple, 1/2 cup of strawberries, or 1/2 grapefruit)
2 cups of veggies (lettuce, asparagus, tomato, cabbage...and only one type per meal)
2 proteins (3 ozs of chicken breast or lean flank steak, or 7 oz fish)
Sauces - apple cider vinegar, lemon, salt, pepper, and garlic
Melba Toast (a couple pieces with each snack and lunch/dinner)
(no liquor...all of this and no liquor)

Don't judge me.

What this ends up being is about 500 calories per day! I know, its drastic. Really drastic. We cheat a little and it ends up being a little more than 500, but definitely not more than 1000. For breakfast I will have an apple, for lunch a salad with one of the meats, for snack, another apple, and for dinner, pretty much the same thing for lunch. Its pretty boring but you can make some good meals and it really works to drop the weight fast. I typically get bored with diets if I don't see speedy results, so this works.

I hope to make it at least 30 days. I did all my grocery shopping today for the next 2 weeks. The meal preparation is what kills you, but if you cook and prepare in advance, all of the food can be done and you can just pick your poison.

I will upload pix of our meals and keep you posted on our progress throughout the next couple of weeks...if I have the strength.

So here are my before and afters...

About 1 year before the baby


Almost a year later and I am about 7 months preggo (how that happen??)


My 30th birthday a couple of months ago, post HCG diet and 27 lb lost.
Can't wait to see what I will look like post HCG again...hopefully we can go to prebaby!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment