Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Adventures In Alcohol: Scotch

If you know me...you know I like...no...I'd say LOVE Patron!
All flavors, shapes, sizes, buckets, gimlets, I love Patron!

But...2011 is about me trying things different. Before Patron, this post would've been about Captain Morgan (somewhere in like 2004) but I evolved. I'm attempting to do that again.

Over the weekend, I tried Scotch. I'm going on a Tour de Alcohol right now to try to discover an alternative to the Patron coma and haze I experience once I've had one, two...maybe two too many. My Scotch tour included most of the Johnny Walkers...red and black and maybe something else, who knows really what the hell they are giving you behind the bar.


For now...I'm betting on black! It is incredibly smooth (well after like my first two sifters) and I like the feeling of it. I also liked saying to the bartender "Gimme a scotch, neat", lol. That's just hot. Well, literally...its kinda hot. I'm thinking I may need some rocks the next time...or even it shaken in a Manhattan. We'll see...

What I L-O-V-E is after several of these little tastings, I felt incredibly relaxed, not hazy and I had no hangover the next day! And with a two year old who likes to wake up at 7 AM telling you all about her issues with Dora and Ni-Hao Kalan, no hangover is really the only way to go.

Next tour, I'm going to try Cognac and Bourbon. I've never been big on the big C. But I hear Conjur (sp?) and 1738 don't give you massive hangovers either.

We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment