Saturday, January 1, 2011

My hair journey so far...

So, my natural hair journey started around 8/15/2010. I am now about 4 months into the natural process and I started from a totally bald head. I wore a fad for years and since my daughter's hair has started to grow (she is two) I said, let me start figuring out both of our hair.

Posted below is a video I did really quick today just to show my hair growth at 4 months. My hair in this video is about 2.5 inches (at its longest) and about 2 inches at the shortest points. I started a Castor Oil Challenge about 3 days ago and put the oil (mixed with grapeseed) in my hair nightly. Last night I washed with Suave Naturals and Aussie Moist conditioner. I deep conditioned overnight with Organics Hair Mayo (mixed with Castor Oil) and I coiled it with Eco Styler Gel after washing out the conditioner. My leave in of choice today is Talijih Waaidd (Medicated). I love the tingling I feel when I use it.


In the video below I am only 2 months natural. I am so awkward with my speech and looking at the camera. I promise to really never talk unless necessary. I think at this point I am just using Organics or Suave and Co-Washing. My hair was about 1.5 inches. My afro is super fuzzy. Still trying to figure it out.


I have consistently been growing about 1/2 inch per month. I hope with the Castor Oil, I see more speedy growth. I used to Co-wash and wet everyday, but since it has been cold, I'm trying styles that will allow me to wear for more than 2 days without wetting.

I will keep you posted on my regimens, my favorite products up to this point, and what I am doing with Lady K's (my daughter) hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment