Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Shingling 101

So about 1-2 per day, literally no b.s. I get asked about my hair. How do I get it to curl like it does, what product I use, etc. Well folks, I am a wash, manipulate and go girl. You go girl (had to do it). I shingle my hair. I won't attempt to do it on video because I'm not loving how I look in videos, please please refer to this diva here.
 You basically take small sections of your hair and apply a dollop of gel with your fingers. Finger comb it through assuring to smooth it from root to tip and get the hair smooth. You then let go. And whatever happens happens. Whatever your natural curl pattern is comes out best this way. As we know, no two curlies are the same. I shingle my daughters hair and its cute for about 5 hours and then it goes Undercover Brother and starts shrinking. Mine, last for about 4 days. Of course as the days go one its gets big and not as defined. And that's cool. By day 4 its a curly fro and that's cool, cuz they still show me love for it.

Below are pix of K's hair shingled and mine. Two totally different looks because of length and texture.


To preserve it I put on a satin cap at night, in the AM its a mushed mess. I get in the shower and let the steam only poof it out. I put a little Kinky Curly knot today leave in on it to soften it up and coconut oil to shine. I just play with it until it poofs back out again (about 5 min) and then whalah!

No comments:

Post a Comment