Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Marshians...

I am not a human...shouts to all my moon men.
This is one of my favorite lines from rapper (I'm whispering...Lil Wayne). I know, I know. I'm all corporate and grown, however, nothing gets me going more on the treadmill than some good randomness from Lil Wayne and a nice cool down from Marsha. Marsha, who has so eloquently named her fans...Marshians. I heart her.
I found out recently she got engaged. Bad move. Not only because I have mixed views on marriage (sorry DH) but because every, every, every awesome neosoul chick who blows gets married and the first album during the court/newlywed is great and then....booooooo. Something bad happens. Marriage ruins their drive, their fire. They get happy, or sad, or complacent and the very next album, if their is a next album is not so good.
Exhibit A - Lauryn Hill
At the top of her game she marries baby daddy Marley and subsequently goes crazy. The Miseducation continues..
Exhibit B - Jill Scott
Lyzel in E Flat. Could it get mo better. 6 months later...splitsville. She got bigger. And I haven't bought an album since. Except when she got with the new guy who made her make Crown Royal, but I only bought that single.
Exhibit C - Whitney Houston
Baahhhhbeeee!  She went from Greatest love of all to Hell to the nawl. See what love does
I could go on, but I'm not. Marriage in a nutshell does something to you. Maybe these women got happier and couldn't focus on the music so much for focusing on their partners. Or maybe their partners made them crazy. I don't know. Anyhoo...I'm pulling for you Marsha. Please don't become like a for real real Marshian. Don't let this man take everything from you. Or please write and record a bunch of ish prior to the wedding and release it each year like Tupac.

No comments:

Post a Comment