Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Picture yo face!

I love pictures I really do. Before I got married I was the picture lady. Lots of pictures of me and my friends all over the place. That was also pre-digital camera and I had to go get pictures developed to see them. So bam, you already had the pictures. Now, with digital camera you see the pictures, you send them digitally, you post them on facebook…but where are they in the house? I own know!

I have one digital frame that I have yet to unpack (we just hit our year) and that would be helpful, but I’m guessing I need to go and for real print some of these dang gone pictures. Or at least, get them out of my camera and into the world. But who has time to cut and paste pictures in cute frames. I’m trying to cut coupons, sleep, get my life together. And the time it took (like a whole weekend) to change over my frames seems more of a luxury than a necessity. I really am going to work on this while Ken is gone with the grandma. When she comes home the house will be decked out in photos (we’ll see).

I started a new job and people are always asking to see pictures of her. Not that I don’t love her…but I also kinda love having a clean desk, clean slate, no pictures, just nothing. My house is filled with stuff, my car, and the place now where I spend more time than not, I like having clear and clean without bringing a bunch of stuff from home or my other job to clean it up. I can't put pictures up in my house and now I'm expect to "decorate" a cube?

Word to the wise...when you ask the mom of toddler, "where are the pictures?" all smiley and extra, don't be mad if she looks unapologetically and replies…"Picture yo face"! And please keep the whole "what kinda mom doesn't carry pictures" comments to yourself. You don't want to go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment