Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rags to Riches...

This weekend I turned these heads...
Into these heads...
Above is my lovely niece (currently transitioning) and my Lil' K. I've been teaching my niece about her hair and did a cute twist out to show her even transitioning girls can share in the fun...
 I undid K's hair and let her wear it in a fro until I felt like washing and blowing out.

For my niece's hair, I cut about an inch off of the above style all around. She has a lot of breakage because of the transition, so the cut will do her well. I put extensions in her hair to give her some length and to preserve her style while she is with grandma for the summer. Hopefully, with care, these will last about a month and she will have about 1/2 of growth. She will need probably one more cut before she is fully all naturale!
For K's hair...after the fro, I washed and detangled. I blew out and this is her pix after I trimmed her ends...
Look at all that hair! It kinda surprised me too after I saw it! And this is after I trimmed her ends! I only trim her ends maybe once every 4-5 months. Since she will be gone for a long length of time, I wanted her hair to be as healthy as possible.

I braided it in french braids with two rows per section to save the style (hopefully for a month) while she is with grandma.

They were both too cute with their hair done! I was exhausted after this weekend needless to say. I plan to give a little natural hair clinic to my friends' daughters who are currently transitioning and teach them some styles they can do other than just flat ironing. I can't wait to spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment