Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blissfully Domestic

Is that an oxymoron? Or am I the moron?


Anyhoo, I came across this article on the blissfully domestic website. I think the sentiment is cute…really cute. But I’m not sure if I am there or will ever be there. Is it really true that she doesn’t miss date night at all with her husband. And if she doesn’t, I’m DYING to interview him and see how he feels about it.

Who doesn’t miss being able to leave work and go to a happy hour with your husband, and having that happy hour turn into a loose night of drinking and possibly ending up in a parking lot getting it popping on the way home? Hmmm…is that just me? Does that make me not domestic? I’m assuming the word “domestic” means some sort of training or taming of a person. Hold on…let me look it up…

Ok…got it. And it is as I thought...
/
–adjective
1. of or pertaining to the home, the household, household affairs, or the family: domestic pleasures.
2. devoted to home life or household affairs.
3. tame; domesticated.

–noun
6. a hired household servant.

So pretty much it’s a tame household servant. Pahhh haa! I’m pretty sure I’m not a domestic. I absolutely adore my husband and baby…and our semi mansion of a home… but nothing about me is tame. And dealing with “domestic” affairs is usually described as blissful to me. Which is why I am looking for where I fit in.

I would actually love to have a domestic, to help me in the house take care of all the domestics. And then I could work on the bliss part. That stuff, I’m really good at...ask DH:-)

Now, of course I can get down in the kitchen. Of course I can clean. Hey, I even crotchet. But I’m just wondering at what point in becoming a wife does doing any of those things negate you from being a naughty naughty (person) who loves going on dates sans the kids? Sure, you have your family time, but nothing gets me going like a good fun date. Add Patron and it’s the best night ever. #imjustsaying

Anyhoo, I’m going to continue checking out this website and hopefully, maybe we both can teach each other a thing or too.

No comments:

Post a Comment