Sunday, June 5, 2011

Fro/Faux Hawk

I told my girl I was doing a fro hawk and she though I mean a faux hawk...I guess it can be both, lmao!

To get this look, I let my hair air dry over night with coconut oil. In the morning I gel'd the sides back and used two large black combs to hold my hair back. I let the gel set for a couple of hours. I picked out the tops and sides and wore it like this on Sunday. On Sunday night, I put two strand twists all over it (about 30) and oil. In the am, I took the twist out, but didn't really bother with them much to keep the texture.

The thing about my hair is in its dry state, too much manipulation will cause it to go back straight. It doesn't hold well. So if I want to keep any twist out braid out I have to leave my hands out of my hair.

Also they only last for a day:-( So after this I tried to retwist at night, but...nothing. It was a dud.

Also look at the gray hairs in this pix. On the sides...! What the F! I'm so gonna henna/indigo this summer. I cannot live like this! I'm only 30 and have crazy grays! Booo my genes.

No comments:

Post a Comment