Thursday, September 1, 2011

In My Ears: The Weekend - Thursday

I heart The Weekend. I don't know if the weekend is a group, a man, young, old, black, white, and you know what...I don't care. That is the beautiful thing about music, it transcends aesthetics. It is all about the sound, the rhythm, the words. Not how cute the artist is or how naked the chicks get in the video.

Because of this, The Weekend is the best thing going for me. His/their mysteriousness adds to the intensity of the music. The Weekend just released a new mixtape called Thursday...so perfect in so many ways. Thursday is a juxtaposition of sorts. Its a day that's close to the weekend and makes you get excited, but its not quite the weekend. For some, Thursday is their weekend...its all about perspective.  As is the album.

My favorite cut on it so far is The Zone. I have not been able to give this CD the attention it needs yet, but I did have a listening party during the uneventful Hurricane we had here on Saturday.

Take a listen, tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment