Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Great Hurriquake of 2011

THIS IS MY 100TH POST!!!

Some type of bells or sirens or some other fantastical ish should be happening right now! Its happening in my head, and I guess that's enough!

Is it irony that my 100th post is about the GREAT HURRIQUAKE OF 2011?

Hurriquake...wow. Who would've thought in less than one week I survived my very first Earthquake and a Hurricane! Where they do that at? I'll tell you where, the great state, oh I mean district, of Washington, DC!

I'm sure instead of people realizing that Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth was happening all in one week, this was more reminiscent of the conversations going on...

So sad, but oh so true! If only we served a God who punished us for everything the right wing considers wrong, we'd be lucky!

Needless to say, I survived. I had lots of cocktails and listened to a lot of good music and bonded with my family. Coming "close" to death twice in one week really makes you realize how we are not in control of much. How our decisions and the way we take care of each other and the earth impact the future. How we take each day for granted. How much we don't live in "this moment".

I think this was the perfect time for a hurriquake. In my life and in America. Hopefully it shook everyone up enough and made them realize we should start taking care of each other. Not making decisions to benefit one but all. Maybe the hurriquake will wake our legislation up and make the decision making process easier. Everyone in my office was definitely more kumbaya and I hope it rubbed off on all of DC. Lefters and righters holding hands, helping each other, and realizing if the building crumbles...what will we have left? At the end of the day, even the most irrational man has to ask...what profits a man to gain the world and lose his soul?

Hmmmm...I think our current politicos are actually worst than irrational. Instead they probably figured out some way to blame President Obama for the weather and will be adding a new tax for everyone whose basement flooded.

No comments:

Post a Comment