Monday, February 28, 2011

In My Ears: Marsha Ambrosius

Dude...its not that often I'm completely stuck or excited about an artist. I like a lot of folks, a lot of music...but getting excited for an album comes only once in a blue moon. But...I'm feeling this way about this lady, Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

Me and DH went to Best Buy this weekend to actually pick up the album after he got tired of me trying to stream songs on my BB, lmao. But yeah, it wasn't out yet. I've probably heard every song from this album and her mixtapes already, but when someone moves me, I like to actually go and pick up a CD from them. Show them love and appreciation for their art.

So the songs I'm loving...first if you haven't already, find a link and download her Sextapes. This is a mixtape of Marsha, sweet loose Marsha inserting herself on songs that you would have on a love making CD. Just google Marsha Ambrosius and Sextape and you can pick your poison on how to download. You can also go to youtube for specific songs, but I'm sure you will want to add this to your repertoire.

Where will I be tomorrow? Online here: http://www.marshaambrosiusmusic.com/ . Marsha is having an album release party and hopefully singing all the songs from the new album. Its going down from 10:00PM - 11:30PM. The baby will be fast asleep (hopefully), and I'm going to stream it on the big screen TV loud and get the party started (keep your fingers crossed for me with the whole sleep, party, loud music illusion I'm having).

Bossip is offering a pre-listening party. You can click here: Listen, but still buy the CD ok guys! Number 2...yeah...that deal.

I ran into Marsha, literally, ran into her coming out of happy hour. She was in town for the BET Honors. She seems mad cool and humble. Even humored one of my co-workers who was trying to holler at her and invite her out with us, lol. She just blushed and said she already had a man. When she could've said "Negro, do you know I'm Marsha Ambrosius, the Songstress!".

Here is her most recent video...powerful to say the least. I heart this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment