Thursday, February 17, 2011

Growing with Braids - Fail

So about a month and a half ago I did this...


Braids...dun, dun, dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. I was having a moment, frustrated with my journey and decided I just wanted to not deal with Sasha or look at her for a couple of months. Yeah, no. It didn't work. I kept these very painful braids for about 1.5 weeks and took them out. Soooo painful and I had complete anxiety the whole time because I felt like my hair was falling out because they were soooo tight.

When I took them out, yes, my hair was a little thinner in the front, but my front is always a little thinner. However, a month and a half later, I still feel its a little thin:-( Did the braids do this? Did a week and a half change my whole ish? I don't know. What I do know is that I will NEVER (and I rarely say NEVER) get it done again. I go through this stage maybe every 3 years and try braids when I want to grow my hair out and I never keep them longer than a month.

So, yes, some naturals say you can grow it out with braids. I say, just let that Monkey do what it do.

No comments:

Post a Comment