Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rae Pembroke Loves...The New Year's Insight

So....
We are at another new year. I have made goals like...losing one of my stomachs, getting Obama elected (the good one, not the bad one) and to be happy where I am.
One of my good friends wrote me today. We are typically in the same mental situation at different times and for the first time are FINALLY in the same place at the same time. And the equalling factor has been boys (I know...they can balance you...who knew!).

Anyhoo, we both talk about where we were last year at this time. Me, trying to find another too expensive dress for a celeb event that I was going to hate when I woke up with yet another hangover and phone full of guys who bullied me into putting their numbers in my phone...in exchange for cocktails of course. We were so...cool right? LOL...We thought those invites were so precious and were too pumped to rub shoulders with the likes of...um, Marion Barry.

Months and hundreds of dollars later...we have become someone totally different. We have real ideas on how we will spend our weekends...which for me will be a pampered chef guilt trip, followed by a 4 year old birthday party, and last but not least...the cheesecake factory with my retired Drunken Hot Girls.

And it took a boy to do this..really? Now...instead of laying in bed wishing my head will stop beating, I'm laying in bed hoping my heart doesn't stop beating with sheer admiration for this man. (sappy...I know). After a hard day at work, I'm no longer waiting to go to the bar and sit and talk to several randoms I don't know...but, I love to go home to the one who knows me best.

Its hilarious because the same previously bland friend who didn't get excited about her ex at all is now saying she is so in love, she is currently stalking her new boyfriend...while in the same bed as they sleep of course. She actually catches herself looking at him to make sure he's real (and probably that he's not going to try to do the hug-n-roll and run away). She said she keeps one eye opened and one closed so he doesn't catch her being a creep. Man, what a difference a year makes!
I've included a sketch of the visual I thought about...how precious:-)

5 comments:

  1. Diva527...a Drunken Hot GirlJanuary 3, 2008 at 3:19 PM

    OH so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...give up on those graphics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a little creepy.....tell her to go to sleep...lemme do ure drawings from now on, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just saying... Love is grand but they are right about the drawing. What is that thing on top of the blanket?

    ReplyDelete