Monday, December 31, 2007

Rae Pembroke Loves...the Sweat Hotel

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, Ladies...
Last night I had the sheer pleasure of attending one of the most most...disturbing yet intriguing concerts of my life.

I am a HUGE Raheem Devaughn fan (cop the Love Experience if you don't have it...Love Behind the Melody coming January 15th, lol). He is indeed the hardest working man in R&B. My Beau bought tickets to what we thought was the Rah show, but turned out to be trickery at its finest.

Rah, who went on promptly at 7:20pm, was opening...opening! for dare I say...Johnny Gill and Keith Sweat. :- Wow!

Ok, we did notice that the age group was a little more...mature than the typical Raheem crowd, but this is his home town...right? So, Rah finishes...gets everyone all excited as only he can...we are feeling sexual, sweating...waiting for his encore...yes we want more...and who comes out next...Johnny the Gayman Gill!!!

Dude...I have never seen a show as gay as this since we went to the drag queen show for my girls bachlorette party! He did more high kicks than a Vegas fucking show girl! It was crazy ridiculous and more ridiculous than this was the audience participation! Raheem said everyone put your L's in the sky...everyone sat there. Johnny Gill said everyone get on your feet...and there was not an empty seat in the house (other than me and the Beau who watched in horror with his mouth open the whole time).

Johnny Gill attempted to do a Luther/Gerald Levert review and even attempted to divert your attention from his gayness by saying his "son" was watching the show so he was only going to get PG-13 tonite. Yuck! Is his R rated show when he brings out his boyfriend and the spoon on stage? I don't know...

And then...last but not least...the headliner...Keith "I know I still got it bitches" Sweat. Dudes...the crowd went freakin' bananas...b.a.n.a.n.a.s! You here me!!! He had this random "hype man" (um...who has a hype man for 80/90's R&B) that me and the Beau thought was his son. The girls lost their minds for the begginst man in the business. I must admit...i did get a little nostalgic on some of the songs and reminisce on the first time a boy grabbed my booty at a social, but some of these ladies I'm sure were thinking about that time in their momma's basement they heard "you may be young but you're ready" and conceived lil' Mook-Mook .

I realized that Raheem didn't stand a chance against this crowd of Baltimorians...who are obviously still stuck in 92' and haven't realized that a man pumping in the air with his topunbuttoned to his navel and sweating so much that there are pit stains in a black shirt.

Needless to say...I had a blast...a blast from the fucking past:-) Long live R&B!

3 comments:

  1. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

    Worst Concert Ever...I loved every minute of it...what the hell is a beau?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i lOVE keith sweat...on the radio. not in concert. i can imagine the look on your face! Hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hilarious, my inspiration...Lil Mook-Mook. I wanted to go to the show but Begging Keith and Gay Gill. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete