Thursday, August 25, 2011

Star Performer

To say I'm a proud mommy is an understatement!  On Saturday, my baby, only 2 years old, had her first performance.

She told me the night before she wanted "big hair, reeeeallly big hair". I said okay baby, you got it.

I blew her hair out after washing it that morning and this was her hair style for the program!





Absolutely adorable! She reminded me of a young Rudy from the Cosby Show. To do her hair I blow dryed it on low, cool heat, after detangling and sealing with Knot Today and Coconut Oil. Tied a ribbon around that fro and leggo!




She did really good with her program, other than the fact she pushed her hair up halfway through the Crayon Song and it started to look a little wild, but I didn't care.

At age 2 she performed the following: The Christian Pledge, The Crayon Song, The Alphabet in Sign Language, Several Phrases and words in Sign Language, a Spanish Conversation, and counted in Spanish! I was taken aback and soooo proud of her! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I haven't cried in about 3 years, but on this day, I felt the tears welling up. They didn't fall, but it was close:-)

Following the program, I thought it was really important she and I got library cards at our new local library. So this is what we did...

I can't wait to continue learning and loving with my baby!

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that 2-year-old child did not fill out her own library application...otherwise I'm feeling not so great about my kindergartner! :o)

    She looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmbo! no, mommy filled it out! i just let her "sign" it, lol. She thinks she's grown!

    ReplyDelete