Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

I made it! One year natural! Wow...who would've thought I could go from this cut



To this fade...
 

To this TWA


To this wash and go


To even henna


And an afro poof!


To this mane!!!





My lengths currently are: 6 inches on the sides, 5.5 inches in the back, 6 inches in the front (which is quite shocking since this is my problem area, see the second picture), and about 5 inches in the middle.

When I started it was a bald head. Which is what I try to remember when I look at other people's videos of their one year anniversary and their hair looks so much longer than mine. A lot of people are starting with 6 months plus of growth so at their "year" they are really 1.5 years. I try to keep their transition time in mind, but its frustrating because looking in the mirror I feel like my hair looks the same.

Shrinkage is a motha. I'd say I have about 75% shrinkage so I seems I've had this same curly fro for a year. I've tried to stretch and blow out but those were all #fails. I'm a bottom line wash and go girl (for now). No twisting, braiding, braid outs, etc. Just wash, shingle, and go. Or wash, doodle and go. Weird things happen when I attempt anything other than this.

What have I learned in this year? Uh, I'm random. I never know how I feel or what I want to do with my hair. I want a high bun so bad, anything less than that is tough. I feel like I am never going to make it there. Although, I hope I do.

My wish for year 2...I want to eventually get my hair in some cute protective styles, I want to go to a national hair conference, and I want to rock an amazing blow out.

Leggo

No comments:

Post a Comment