Monday, July 11, 2011

Yes We Can!

Back in my day, when I was single, somewhere circa 2005, I went on a Yes Wo-Man Campaign. During this time, I decided any dude that asked me out I would go. And try...really hard...to give him at least 2 dates. Um, um, um...the stories I have from this...

Anyhoo, I hear a lot of my single friends talking about how they are bored, how they are "looking" for their husbands, they want to be wives, etc, etc. Their whole lives they have dated the same type of dude and this has proved unsuccessful. How can you look for your husband or be ready to be a wife without fully knowing yourself? We as women, typecast men in our fantasties for our futures and this is sad...and one of the main reasons we stay single longer than we want to.

During my Yes campaign, I dated older guys, younger guys, guys of different nationalities, etc. Of course, there were some duds, but I actually made some friends who later introduced me to people who I liked. By taking myself out of the box, I saw a whole other world and learned lots of things about myself that I never would've know otherwise. Different atmospheres, different people, places, and experiences help develop us. And without this, the men that we are so busy waiting for to be our husbands will be quite bored with us once they magically appear.

My advice to women who are single and don't want to be is...don't limit yourself. Go on a Yes campaign for maybe 6 months or a year. That guy that works at the gas station, or the bartender, or the trash man, may be your husband and you will never know if you don't say yes. There is no reason to ever be bored or lonely when you are a woman because you have the pu&&y and you make the rules. Once we know that and own that, we can turn those yes' to I do's in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment