Thursday, July 14, 2011

In My Ears: Radio Raheem

Radio Raheem

Well, everyone who knows me personally…and impersonally probably knows I have a serious, serious, serious love for everything Raheem Devaughn. You know Raheem, the R&B, hip hop, neo soul, rockstar. Me and my wifey, Dee used to follow him to EVERY show he had in the DMV. We were like his roadies, lol. His music was exactly what I needed at the time. His passion, his hustle, his talent…was a total breath of fresh air to me and so different from all the mush that was on the radio at that time (circa 2004-2007). As time progressed, and Raheem got more mainstream, I felt like a proud fan. I’ve met him a couple of times and he always seemed so real and humbled by his fans' admiration. I turned on so many folks to this man; even my sister who lived in SC made her local radio store order copies of his CD because they had not heard of him.

I said all that to say…I HEART Raheem.

He recently started a Sunday night (7PM) internet radio show. I have only caught the show 1.5 times but I support it and him. At my day job, we have firewall city up and I cannot get to any of my previous internet radio stations (Pandora, yahoo, youtube) so I tried, just on a whim to see if I could listen to Rah’s radio show from last week. Not only do they have the videos from the previous weeks, but you can listen to blis.fm live streaming. I was able to, ALL day, listen and it is the ONLY radio station so far that will play consistently on my computer and is not blocked. I have listened to everything from Raheem, to Stevie Wonder, to Kool and the Gang (playing right now). It says 202 Studios on the streaming page which I assume is Rah’s studio being he’s from DC.  

And once again, I would like to thank my love, the most wanted baby’s daddy, the R&B, hip hop, neo soul, rock star for saving me musically. You always know what I need. And you always deliver.

In case you are wondering, my favorite Raheem Songs are….all of themJ But, if you are not quite a fan yet, his stuff that comes on mainstream radio does him no justice. My top 3 favorite Raheem songs are:
Closer (Won’t Be Long)
Breathe
Marathon, featuring Marsha Ambrosius

*Disclaimer: I credit Raheem’s second CD and the listening party me and DH had for Lil’ K’s conception. This is click it or ticket music.

No comments:

Post a Comment