Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Nailing It!

So as you can see from the picture below...
I freakin' rock at baby shower games, and my nails are awesome, lol.

This picture was taken about a week ago at my friends shower. I had just got my nails done in a dark navy blue and I had my ring finger bedazzled. This is something I started about a month ago and DH seems to like the fact I draw attention to my wedding ring. Men are something else and can even make a manicure about them...and they say we are self involved.

Anyhoo, I started doing my nails again with the whole 30 get my life together thing. I was only getting them painted because I had not had the best of luck with people actually doing "work" on my nails, but I found a salon a really like out here in the burbs. I've done lots of blues and even red (shocking) polish. I typically try to keep my nails very neutral and professional, but now, I'm BMF'n it.

Are nails of a different color (other than plain colors or like a red) unprofessional? I feel like I never want to go "too" far with my hair or nails or toes as to not seem like I'm a Lucresia, but I deal with a lot of people professionally who have hair color and colorful long nails and do their jobs really well and are professional. Wait...is that my own stigma I've placed on myself? Weird.

I think I am going to start slow...continue only with one finger bedazzled and the rest painted a wild color. Hopefully, my comfortability with it in the workplace will get better. Wow...this post was eye opening, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment