Thursday, March 10, 2011

IHip

So, the other morning, K and I ditched our AM activity schedule when we heard the good news. IHop was giving away free pancakes, in exchange for a donation. And since I LOVES my charity, it was really the only right thing to do.

We made a detour on the way to her school and picked up a couple short stacks.
The excitement on her face was just a glimpse into how awesome she felt this morning turned out to be. I was really the hippest mom in the room. We sang Jewel songs (I sang, she mimicked me singing) as they came on the radio. We colored, and we just slowed down from the hustle and bustle of the morning and schedules.

It was great for her to know we can mix it up sometimes, and great for me to have some private time with my little Lady. Those are the moments that make memories.

Now, if only I wasn't so awesome she wouldn't have humiliated me when I finally dropped her off at school crying out, "Mommy noooooooooo, noooooo Mommy, I want to go back to my pancakes!!!!" A little thing we call balance she has not quite worked out. In many ways, Mommy hasn't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment