Friday, December 28, 2007

Rae Pembroke Loves...Pork!


Now...I have always had some type of love affair with bacon...the way it crackles when it cooks...the smell it perminates through the house...how it almost, if prepared properly melts in your mouth like an m&m...and especially how it goes with...dare I say...anything!

But recently, on a trip to the...um...quaint town of Goldsboro, NC with the boyfriend for the holidays I discovered...Barbeque. Now, I know what you are thinking...who the hell hasn't had BBQ in their lifetime. But, my dear readers...this isn't your local outside hot dog/hamburger grillin' I'm talking about..., no, no, no! We are talking about the roasting or barbequeing of an entire pigs' ass until tender and these tender ass nuggets are cut off, chopped up and soaked in some type of vinger bath and served to you through a drive through window in a tube reminicent of a cool whip container.

Needless to say I loved it and overdosed on it. But, though I'm home back in the big city, I brought a lil of the "Boro" home with me...in the form of 3 pounds of frozen pig ass that I plan on conserving like bottled water during Y2K. I do think the headaches I have been getting now are no longer from Patrone, but signs my blood pressure has risen to that of a person going in for gastric bypass surgery and my ankles are so swollen I had to wear gym shoes into the office today.

But...don't let that deter you. If you find youself down by the Bible Belt and in the Boro, don't cry ( and turn around like most people do)...head out for some good ole' North Caorlina BBQ, tell em' I sent ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment