Thursday, July 17, 2008

Week 27 (Daddy Edition)


A Poem from Daddy


Its Summer and its hot outside and Mommys belly's growing

I cannot lie, I wish that we could birth you when its snowin

The heat can do a many thing, anger Mommy comes to mind

and it gets harder and harder to move around with mommys foot in my behind (kidding)

The real deal is Im proud of Mom she makes it look so easy

She cooks and cleans and makes me smile and keeps my fingers greasy (with chicken)

She even still makes Daddy smile when she walks into the room

and I can say it now cause shes my wife she still is VA VA Voom (Sorry Ray)

Now you young lady make my eyes well up with happy tears

When you kick my belly thru her belly like youre in there switching gears

I think of you being born and smiling grasping on my thumb

Your Mommmy wants me to sing to you, but the song I sing is dumb

I sing this goofy song for two reasons all around

one to make your mommy smile and make sure she doesnt frown

The other reason that I sing this goofy melody

Is when youre grown and make them laugh theyll know you got that from me

So what type Daddy will I be well dont get me to lyin..but

Laugh for Daddy , laugh for Mommy, dont laugh to keep from crying

Cause you and Mommy are my one distinct priority

So listen to your elders and respect authority

eat your veggies, go outside, and homework immediately

not too much soda not too much candy not so much TV

and always remember whenever you need it u can come to me

In closing I have to tell you something about your status see

Mommys gonna kill me, but I think youre bigger than a pea?

smaller than a turkey though, and you have all your senses now

So now you can hear mommy fuss at Daddy nice and clear and LOUD!
P.S. Ill put some pictures on here later on.:)




2 comments:

  1. O WOW!

    I have tears. . .

    That is truly beautiful Daddy.

    I have to get some tissue now.

    I love you, all three.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ty and Brandiss,
    It's been a long time since I've read your blog and I am still enjoying them. Tyrone, your poetry was so beautiful. You are going to make a fantastic dad and Kennedy is very blessed to have you as your daddy. Brandiss, you look wonderful. I can't wait to hold my grandniece.
    Aunt Donna (Jersey Aunt)

    ReplyDelete