Monday, November 21, 2011

Grease is Back!!!

YEAHHHHHH!!!

So if you follow natural hair blogs, you will see grease is all the rave right now. I remember a few months after I first started my journey Nikki Mae put out a "taboo" post about using mineral oils and this was like forbidden fruit. Now Curly Nikki has come out and said it and its like, secret grease users are coming out the wood work. People confessing to using vaseline, Dax, Blue Magic...its a revolution. And I love the revolution!!!

I was a big grease user pre BC. Me and Lil' K swore by Blue Magic's Coconut Oil (BMCO). I loved it for her hair, it kept it moist long, however, I would do the naughty and grease both our scalps. Which I learned through being natural actually causes our dry hair. I stopped doing that and we both benefit from a little raw coconut oil on the scalp after a wash.

Now that grease has been tried and true by naturals I love, I had to give it a try. And what better time to try it before going to Cancun, Mexico for my bday with the hubby! I did a wet twistout with my BMCO and whalah! Best twist out ever!!


The reason I don't do twist outs much is because its too much frizz for me and they don't come out that good, but this was moist, shiny and great! It was so soft. I didn't even use a hold product. Just Giovanni Direct Leave In and a lil dab of grease on each twist!

Even when we got to Mexico I decided to pull it up and put it in a puff and whahlah! Best puff ever!


It maintained a curly look and not super dry and uneven. I love this grease factor.

Of course after washing everyday and getting in the pool, ocean, the BMCO was no match, but my hair still did well (better than I thought) for 5 days in Mexico. I wore it up mostly with one quick lunch down (i'd just washed it and didn't feel like putting it up).


So I stamp my approval, grease has helped me get the hair I want and seal in the moisture like only Blue Magic can do! I'm so glad its back in full effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment